Our Learning Class

Our Learning Class

Monday 16 April 2012

He is Risen!

We have now began the Easter season and it is an exciting time in our church year.  We have our Alleluia back in our Mass and a new Pascal candle to guide us.

In our classroom we have made our own candles to guide our faith journey and reflect our ideas about Jesus who has Risen from the dead.

The childen were given overhead paper and asked to draw and/or trace images of Jesus onto the paper.  They then brainstormed words to write on their paper.  The children used CD/DVD makers so that their images did not smudge.  We then stapled our paper into a circle and placed around a tea light candle.  The image below is our final product.

Grace-: I really liked drawing all the pictures onto the overhead paper and using the special pens.  I choice a picture of Jesus with words alleluia around him.

Christian-: Drawing the pictures from the photocopies was great.  I choice some ideas about Easter to add to my work.  It looks really amazing.

Caleb-: I liked using all the signs of Jesus Rising to make my candle glow.